Sunday, December 12, 2010

Paper Princess


I love crowns, to make then, to wear them and to give them as gifts.  I think this stems from my childhood and wanting to be a princess. Now that I am an adult, I no longer want to be a princess (I can save my own self, thank you very much), but my love of wearing a crown has never gone away. I created these crowns for two of my friends. They like to dress up as much as I do.


These crowns are constructed out of paper making them very light weight and easier to wear. Each was painted in this bronze metallic color.




I cut out a crescent moon and added the fine silver glitter. Some paper flowers, butterflies, and long steamers of ribbon for were added for that touch of extra princessness.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are beautiful, as always. I'm just finishing a couple of the six-pocket purses you featured here awhile back--great gifts!

Cheryl said...

Wow, those are absolutely lovely. I love the butterfly and the cresent moon. ^^