Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Come Follow, Follow Me...

In July I was treated to an amazing 40th birthday celebration. We flew down to California to spend 5 days with some very dear friends. While there I got to spend several days romping around the lovely coastal city of San Clemente, wander around the Getty Museum, have drinks in the artsy Laguna Beach community and most amazing of all, I got to attend the Labyrinth of Jareth Masquerade Ball  in Hollywood. The night was magickal. I created this painting to honor my very dear friend, Deidre who set the trip up. She had the most marvelous costume, which she created herself. I titled this painting, Come Follow, Follow Me… after the poem The Fairy Queen. The writer of this poem is unknown, but the words were very fitting for a night of beauty and magick. The Fairy Queen also accurately portrays the fay goddess Deidre, who spreads faerie dust where ever she goes.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Woah! That IS Deidre! Before I had even scrolled down to the text I knew that was her. What a great likeness... and a true tribute to her beauty!

Deborah said...

You are so talented. I love this painting.